Friday 2 September 2011

Kyle Ebecilio; The Next Alex Song?

Arsenal youth star Kyle Ebecilio is highly regarded as one of the most talented Dutch youngsters of his generation.

Under 17 wonderkid Kyle Ebecilio
The Gunners beat London neighbors Chelsea to sign the 17 year old last year. Not so long ago, the starlet spoke of his senior team mate, Alex Song, and how the Cameroon international's game is similar to his own.

"I mirror myself on him, he plays the same position as me and is technically very strong. Without wanting to put pressure on myself, I feel that my game is like his. I see him almost everyday and I learn a lot from him."


Personally, I haven't seen him play. But watching this video in the Under 17's World Cup Final really makes me exited for the lad's future.



I admit it is very difficult to judge a player on one game. Despite of this, the player looks very strong on the ball and isn't afraid to get stuck in. His quick reactions and positioning is really impressive, too. This player certainly is one to watch for the future, and like Frimpong earlier last month, if he gets a chance he sure will take it.

Alex song isn't the only player Ebecilio has likened himself to. the young midfielder has also described his style to be like that of Arsenal great Patrick Viera.

"English football is more physical and Dutch football is more technical but Arsenal is very similar to the technical standard I was used to at Feyenoord. I like to get forward and attack like Patrick Viera. At the beginning it was very difficult but Ozzy (Oguzhan Ozyakup) helped me out."

So, if what Ebecilio is saying is correct, we could see a player in the mould of both Viera and Song rise through the Arsenal side. Very, very exiting.

By Craig Player

Follow him on Twitter - @c_player42




No comments:

Post a Comment